I will typically select these options:
(1) Canonical URLS, this helps to avoid duplicate content issues
(2) Make sure I fill in my Home title, Home description, and add in my homepage KW's
(3) For Keyword Settings: I check off the following options,
Use Tags For META keywords,
Dynamically Generate Keywords For Posts
(4) For Title Setting I check off: Rewrite Title, Capitalize Titles, Capitalize Category.
For this section also of Titles:
for the page title format: I will put in %page_title%|%blog_title%
same for the section of the "For the Post Title Format"
NOTES: The only time I will change the title format: of: %page_title%|%blog_title% is when I am using landing pages. I do not want to use up my 60 character limit, and I want to ensure my entire page title shows in the search results better.
(5) On the No Index Settings: I select Use "no index for Archives", and also make sure that the use no-index for categories was Un-Ticked.
(6) also I will set nofollow, and noindex options for robots if I do not want to have a specific post, or a page indexed on search engines. I learned more on this by watching Amin Motin on a webinar last week.
Hope this helps. I generally will do this for all my websites.